03 December 2008

Chapter 194 ~ OMG. WTF?

So you'd expect me to have a brilliant half-week so far, except... well, surprise-surprise.

Reposting from the Rant of the Day thread [that I quaintly started] on the Opacity forum...
This week's been a pissload and it's only half over! The original grill oven at work died between Monday night and yesterday morning, so we had the back-up oven sent from another store. THAT stopped working last night, and I know because I returned to work on a calendar for the crew while all hell broke loose! And between wrong times for updates and my store manager Joel in absolute PMS-mode TODAY over all the chaos of the week, uhm... yeah...

Oh and, here's the best part--I've got Friday off [uhm, yay, but WHY!?], but I work Saturday. Followed IMMEDIATELY by yet ANOTHER post-mortem service [#5 for the year] and then it's back to the workplace to meet up with the crew walking in the Christmas parade later that night!

And never mind the fact that I'm living paycheck to paycheck so I won't be able to buy Christmas presents this year. I'm surprised I could afford the box of cards and some stamps.

I really wish I could drop dead, but I can't 'cause I have to keep pressing on. But here's probably the only proper place for me to rant [besides the blog], because there really hasn't been anything good this week to think on. And I really don't want to end up ranting to my boyfriend every time the day goes to hell. Yes, I've already cried a bit today, but I don't want to overwhelm my boyfriend and get on his nerves by bitching about today. Because, I'll be honest:

Life fucking sucks right now.


*sigh* So there. Basically this week in a nutshell. I still need to mend my burn-turned-cut, and I'm starting to lose excitement over this Saturday night's Christmas parade in Downtown DeLand.

Monday we got our monthly newsletters from the store owners with the dates and times for when our store was closing early for construction/remodeling for the rest of the coffee stuff. So when I worked on the Enthusiasm Calendar for the crew yesterday and checked for the times with Supervisor Chris he was like, "Shine [*yes, chris is the only person that is allowed to call me Shine and get away with it*], the times... wait. Let me see that newsletter." I showed the newsletter to him and he's like, "Bloody hell... I mean, the dates are correct... the times are all wrong!" So of course I'm somewhat irritated. He hasn't gotten back to me yet with the correct times, so I've got basically no clue as to the whens in case the other crewfolk ask.

On my way home from work a second time [this time it was at 9:30 last night after visiting for a couple of hours, dinner, and finishing the calendar somewhat], I tried to get a hold of Roboter to let him know I was on my way home. First time around, after one ring: voicemail. The two or three times after that: straight to vociemail. So great--I was late trying to get a hold of him, and mind you I told him I'd call him when the calendar drama was over. So never mind the fact that I got a bit more frustrated over that! [Which, I know, sometimes those minor ill glitches are part of the whole relationship. But still... still!! Yeah, I'm over that minor problem because I called someone else to help "walk" me home.]

So maybe it was a good idea that I didn't get a hold of him last night because maybe he wouldn't have to hear me rant about the day as a whole. Except just now I've ranted about him so... *sigh*

Saturday is the memorial service for fellow Chorister Bobbie's mom. Terry and Steffi are picking me up from work on Saturday, and then it's back to work for the gathering so the parade legion can make it to the parade line-up together, as a group. Then after the parade it's a sleepover party at Sissy-Boo's place, and Sissy-Too's daughter Amber is staying over too. So hopefully I won't be entirely exhausted so that I can enjoy the time with the gals.

*sigh* So yes, that was my rant. I ranted about life, and work, and the boyfriend, and this week. And now I actually feel better enough to get to Discipleship class. But still...

[A minor note--Roboter, I'm sorry I had to plunker you into the rant, but I've been having a rather frustrating week, time hasn't been very kind to me, and neither has been life or God. And it kinda hurts when the one person I can count on to be there when the day is done... well... isn't there. I still love you--I just wanted to let you know why I had to rant about you. As I said, this week's been a long one.]

Sooo... in closing, and considering all that I've been through, two songs by Liam Lynch...

This is dedicated to the current state of things...
"United States of Whatever" - Liam Lynch


And this being my Song of the Week, is dedicated to the few people that's gotten on my bad side which, this week, ranged from very annoyed to duck and fucking cover...
"The Happy Song" - Liam Lynch


*whew* Okay. Ranting done. On with the second half of my week.

Until the next round...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

aww Sunny, I'm sorry about your week :hug:

[What goes down in the Underground...]

Mondays start the new workweek. Wednesdays tend to differ, depending on if I need to work or not--usually I'm off, and usually visiting "Uncle" Joseph. Thursdays is the Daughters of the King meeting night. Fridays and Saturdays are normally hectic--never the same drama twice. Sundays = Church day. I update the blog accordingly, with a rant or two, the occasional music post, and sometimes the most random nonsuch.

So stay tuned, because things are fixing to get interesting... and, save your forks--the best is yet to come...

~ me