15 December 2008

Chapter 197 ~ *insert eyeroll*

Okay, I think it's official. I am nearly SOOO over this year. Between the funerals, stress at work, and last week's cold, I think I'm really over this year. This week promises to be a very long one, and I'm sure I'll have a good amount of time to work on my present for Roboter for Christmas, while at the same time figure out the best pics to post up for my Top 12 Pics of the Year.

Though, before I resume talking with one of my buddies I'll give one proper highlight of the day--one of my regular customers who almost ALWAYS is in a good mood and often likes to rub it in, well, she was wigging out over her break-up with her boyfriend of 2 months. Now about 5 months or so ago her parents divorced, and she kinda wigged out about it too. I've been a bit kind and sympathetic about it. But not today, when she was whining about her break-up. Well... I gave her a proper memo that, life just ain't all that damn peachy...

"Wow. A divorce and a break-up within the course of 5 months ths year? Unlike you, I survived 2 colds, 2 break-ups, 20 deaths, 5 funerals, and lost my voice once. Now, what's YOUR excuse?"

She dared not say another word. I think it was about time too.

And on that note, until the next round...

No comments:

[What goes down in the Underground...]

Mondays start the new workweek. Wednesdays tend to differ, depending on if I need to work or not--usually I'm off, and usually visiting "Uncle" Joseph. Thursdays is the Daughters of the King meeting night. Fridays and Saturdays are normally hectic--never the same drama twice. Sundays = Church day. I update the blog accordingly, with a rant or two, the occasional music post, and sometimes the most random nonsuch.

So stay tuned, because things are fixing to get interesting... and, save your forks--the best is yet to come...

~ me