30 December 2008

Chapter 198 ~ What a Holiday!!

Sooo... I'm back... and on a freckin' laptop!! Got a laptop [from "Santa" --alias the parents] for Christmas as well as a Doctor Who shirt [from Roboter], some Hanukkah presents from the gang at the Temple, and lots of cards! *LOL* The Christmas Eve service went alright as well, and Choirmaster Peter forgave me kindly for my lack of alertness during one part of the Prelude and the sermon--he knew I had a long day and didn't get to recharge my batteries any!

In other news, surprisingly... Morrissey's got a gig at the Hard Rock Live, Sunday 1 March 2009... and I'm going... and my pal Ry's going with me! I'M GONNA GO SEE MORRISSEY FOR THE SECOND TIME LIVE!! *squee!!*

And finally, tomorrow's the final day of 2008--and good God almighty has it been a long one! So, looking back on some of the finest moments for me here...

To start, the Top 12 Pictures of 2008 ~

January [103rd Floor, Sears Tower, Chicago]


February [about an hour after the break-up with Hikari; you'd never guess I was crying an hour prior to taking this pic]


March [Saint Patrick's resident leprepunk]


April [Oakdale Cemetery, DeLand]


May [pipes from the Visser-Rowland organ at church, Pentecost Sunday ~ Remix of the Year]


June [Sissy-Boo wearing my work tie]


July [Independence Day]


August [Presbyterian Church bell tower, Celebration]


September [decorating for People Day at work]


October [the Carillon at the church]


November [Hilton Head Island, South Carolina]


December [Christmas Candlelight Concert]


Other whimsical memories--from Roboter's two cents' worth, in my words--
The two or three 8-hour conversations on the phone.
Reconnecting back in March, where it all began a second time around.
Our 1-year anniversary in October.
The letters and cards sent and received.
Our Birthdays, and workdays good and bad.
Roboter nearly getting struck by lightning.
And at another point taping storms while on the phone with me.
Late July, when we first told each other we love each other.
Kraftwerk, Doctor Who and Top Gear.
And last night--

--which is probably the closest to face-to-face as it's going to get!
And Sunday Night Vinyl, which is made of awesome.

Obviously I can't wait for tomorrow's final Blogpost of the year. And the final Random 20 Countdown of the year too, with a final Requiem prayer to start. Who's ready for the New Year?

~ me

No comments:

[What goes down in the Underground...]

Mondays start the new workweek. Wednesdays tend to differ, depending on if I need to work or not--usually I'm off, and usually visiting "Uncle" Joseph. Thursdays is the Daughters of the King meeting night. Fridays and Saturdays are normally hectic--never the same drama twice. Sundays = Church day. I update the blog accordingly, with a rant or two, the occasional music post, and sometimes the most random nonsuch.

So stay tuned, because things are fixing to get interesting... and, save your forks--the best is yet to come...

~ me