12 December 2008

Chapter 196 ~ Blah, hum-bug!

Blah = That's how I've kinda felt for most of the day.
Bug = Yes, a bug. A cold. Of all things.

So yes, for the better part of this week, I've been sick. I'm still sick. I was hoping to get better soon and, yesterday seemed to look like that proper progression. Unfortunately, today, I found out just how dead-wrong I was.

Sooo... as of right now, I'm at... erm... maybe... 30-50% voice? Maybe 50% at best? In any case, I'm trying my best to NOT talk. Except maybe to Roboter, but trying to not go above a whisper. Otherwise it's been pen-and-paper mode all day, and Joel was even nice enough to let me go home just before Lunch Rush began so I could rest up. I had a much-needed nap. Maybe if Kit's heading out somewhere I'll dress up for the ocassion and go if she invites as she kind-of already knows of my fairly-voiceless condition. Otherwise I'll probably be bedridden for the rest of the evening and perhaps much of tomorrow.

In other interesting news, here's the main lowdown on next week, work-wise...
Sunday ~ Closing @ 7 P.M.,
closing crew leave @ 8 P.M.
Monday ~ Opening crew arrive @ 6 A.M.,
opening @ 6:30 A.M.
Closing @ 7 P.M.,
closing crew leave @ 8 P.M.
Tuesday ~ Opening crew arrive @ 6 A.M.,
opening @ 6:30 A.M.
Lobby closes @ 8 P.M.,
Drive-thru remains open until usual close time.
Wednesday and Thursday ~ Opening crew arrive @ 5 A.M.,
opening @ 5:30 A.M.
Lobby closes @ 8 P.M.,
Drive-thru remains open until usual close time.
Friday ~ TO BE DETERMINED!

Now, what's with the early closings and odd openings? Well, construction will be going on particularly with the Lobby/Front Counter area. And the goal is to open a week from today ready to go with the rest of our coffee stuff ready to go. And considering that I still haven't had a chance at all to go to the McD's at Wal*Mart [I was supposed to go yesterday but things were hectic there and my immune system nosedived] that means Joel's got one week to get his Front Counter/Drive-Thru team AND the Managers ready to go by next Friday. And that includes how to make the espresso, how to make lattes/cappucinos/mochas, and how to ring them up in the system and edit them to suit the customers. So needless to say, next week's going to be, hands down, the longest week of the year. While I am excited, I am also very nervous as I have absolutely no clue whatsoever as to what to expect. This could get rather interesting...

Well, on that note, I'm gonna go for a small walk, and I think it'll be back to bed for me. Voiceless and what-not. Oh joy.

Until the next round...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

aww Sunny, if you ever want to go for a walk with me, all you have to do is call/text. If I don't answer, just leave a message. I'll definitely get back to you!! I hope you feel better soon, Sweetie! :hugs: "Kit"

[What goes down in the Underground...]

Mondays start the new workweek. Wednesdays tend to differ, depending on if I need to work or not--usually I'm off, and usually visiting "Uncle" Joseph. Thursdays is the Daughters of the King meeting night. Fridays and Saturdays are normally hectic--never the same drama twice. Sundays = Church day. I update the blog accordingly, with a rant or two, the occasional music post, and sometimes the most random nonsuch.

So stay tuned, because things are fixing to get interesting... and, save your forks--the best is yet to come...

~ me