05 December 2008

Chapter 195 ~ Adrenaline Rushing Again

I still haven't fully begun to slow down as far as this holiday season's concerned. There are Christmas cards still needed to be sent, and Hanukkah is almost here. I have an hour of work, a funeral, a parade and a slumber party... and that's just tomorrow! And I also need to make presents for family, friends and boyfriend.

In other news, I finally got around to updating my MySpace. And yes, new music playlist on it too.

Finally, the highlight of this week--I'm so bloody glad that I came in to work today. For a Friday morning breakfast rush, we rocked the fcukin' suburbs!

7-8 A.M. ~ 130 cars!

Yes, y'all read proper. One hundred and freckin' thirty cars. And that has NEVER happened before! Now mind you that's a usual goal for LUNCH Rush, but this morning when we got slammed for Breakfast... well, it just didnt' seem like we had 130 cars swing through the D.T. In fact I recall looking to Sissy-Too at about 5 minutes to 8 A.M. and telling her, "I know we broke 100." So when I printed out the Car Count report almost 10 minutes later and looked at the count for the 7-8 A.M. hour, I was in a minor state of shock, "Oh sh--!!" I kept repeating to myself in a hushed whisper over and over. Sissy-Too was at first like, "Shh! Don't tell me!" but then wanted to look. And when she saw it she shared in my shock... and joy!

She took the report up to Joel right after, and while the two Managers high-5'd each other I had to cheer to the crew that,
"MY CREW IS MADE OF AWESOME!! 130 CARS!!"

So it was definitely a good day all around. And we finally made that 130-cars-an-hour count. Evidence enough that breakfast rush whoops lunch rush straight in the hiney these days.

Oh and, yesterday I singlehandedly, again, moved 111 cars from 7-8 A.M. That count of 111 is my personal record and, before 2008's over, I want to beat that record. Go for 112. Even better if I can hit 115. That's my solo car-count goal to hit before the end of the year, and I think I'm definitely determined for this.

So, now you know. Maybe it was a damn good idea after all to go work this morning. Maybe God nudged Joel enough for this. Who knew!? :-)

Until the next round...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OMG!! ONE HUNDRED AND THIRTY CARS FOR BREAKFAST RUSH!?! CONGRATULATIONS, SWEETIE!!!

[What goes down in the Underground...]

Mondays start the new workweek. Wednesdays tend to differ, depending on if I need to work or not--usually I'm off, and usually visiting "Uncle" Joseph. Thursdays is the Daughters of the King meeting night. Fridays and Saturdays are normally hectic--never the same drama twice. Sundays = Church day. I update the blog accordingly, with a rant or two, the occasional music post, and sometimes the most random nonsuch.

So stay tuned, because things are fixing to get interesting... and, save your forks--the best is yet to come...

~ me