22 September 2007

Chapter 66: Humming the sounds of a sweeter melody. [The whim of Yom Kippur, the thrill of life.]

Currently humming this track right here...



"Europe Endless" by Kraftwerk. I'm talking, uber-dancable technopop.

This YouTube however, is a bit of a humorous because it takes a few good clips from a movie about Nazi spies and pairs it with some robot rock. To be honest, a track from 1977 in this case is enough for me to make me dance in my seat. No joke!!

Naw... not the fathers of electrodisco!! Naw!!

Meanwhile... last night and all through today is Yom Kippur, the Jewish Day of Atonement. Ten days after the Jewish New Year [Rosh Hashanah]. Those few precious days in between are days of repentance, self-examination and self-denial. And to be honest, this day's a bit of a stronger blessing than other people would've guessed about this day. Yeah, we fast for 25 hours, but let's be real about the main reason why we do this. TO KEEP FOCUS ON PRAYER!!

'Nuff said on that subject. Next topic of discussion...

This week's highlights [and then some], in pictures--

First, this week [and earlier this month for one pic] on my camera...


Earlier this month. Yeah, that's one helluvan order I took there, folks. The rest of the store got pissed. I however was amused. [By the way, that was the Sunday my Grandma Sharon had her surprise birthday party.]


Last Friday night, for the Sabbath service, all the gals of the Temple [including me!] got to light Shabbat candles. After that we said the Prayer for Lighting the Sabbath Lights. Fun time had by all!


This past Monday was my younger sister's birthday. We celebrated it last Saturday afternoon/evening. By the way, she's 10 now. Dayumn, she's getting big! Go, Small Lady, Go!!


Kinda blurred, but this was where we were having some birthday cake, and Dad decided to brag, "My piece is bigger than yours." Don't worry though. I had the smallest piece of the lot, 'cause I was full from all that spaghetti we had for dinner!!


Wednesday it rained. All. Day. Long. Nice day to be in the Drive-Thru too, as I missed working on a rainy day. I loved it. So much so that at 6:53 A.M. it was the perfect moment to catch a rainy-day morning picture. That picture was the result.


Yesterday I was heading to Downtown DeLand after visiting Mom [stepmom] at her job. I took the public bus and, as I was listening to Kraftwerk's "Trans-Europe Express" at the time, I took that opportunity to capture this moment. I nicknamed that bus I took that day the "Trans-Small Town Express." Classic.

And then, these next four pictures...




...were the progression of the skies as I was heading to Temple Israel last night. First pic, at 6:12 P.M., then at 6:23 P.M. [I actualy faced the Downtown area, opposite of my destination, for this pic], at 6:24 P.M. and finally at 6:36 P.M.

Alright, enough of my life, it's time for some different eye-candy...


Aww... don't the guys of Kraftwerk look so adorable? I giggled half to death looking at the pic. And doesn't Ralf look so bashful!?


Speaking of Ralf, looks like it's tea-time for him!


From monkey to mensch-maschine is but a remarkable evolution!


The mensch-maschinen are taking over!! YESS!!


Dancing mensch-maschinen!! Bliss! Joy! Happiness! w00t! Hee!!


Mensch-maschine Karl vs. the Pocket Calculator. What. A. Hoot!


Aww... me being swarmed by adorable mensch-maschinen!! [Don't worry, I have Ralf in my hand, Florian hanging out in my purse, Karl trying to hide behind my foot and Wolfgang holding down the fort on my other foot!!]

And for the final giggle of the day, a "Caption This!!" moment--

[pic one]Florian: Hi kids!! We're Kraftwerk, die mensche-maschinen from Germany!! Now we're gonna play for you guys some music!! *grin*
[pic two]Ralf: ...uhm... Florian... I don't think so. *shakes his head*
[pic three]Ralf: See, let me show y'all how it's done!!

Giggle away, y'all, until the next round...

~ 'Sunshine'

No comments:

[What goes down in the Underground...]

Mondays start the new workweek. Wednesdays tend to differ, depending on if I need to work or not--usually I'm off, and usually visiting "Uncle" Joseph. Thursdays is the Daughters of the King meeting night. Fridays and Saturdays are normally hectic--never the same drama twice. Sundays = Church day. I update the blog accordingly, with a rant or two, the occasional music post, and sometimes the most random nonsuch.

So stay tuned, because things are fixing to get interesting... and, save your forks--the best is yet to come...

~ me