07 September 2007

Chapter 60: ...alright, I'm back in. Somehow. [The tears are done... for now.]

Alright, I’ve had my tears.
I’ve had my dose of heartache.

What’s done is done.
I can’t change the past.
It’s time to move on

even if it hurts me to.

I’m not as strong as I used to be,
as strong as I thought I was,
as strong as I hoped to be.
And it takes a real person
to know when
defeat is inevitable,
strength fails,
and tears are no sign of weakness.

Cupid has won.
The ex has left.
And I’m still standing

miraculously.

I know I still have
more tears to cry but,
that’s fine.
That’s okay.
I can deal with this.

Perhaps… I’m a bit stronger
than I think I am.

Another race in this hectic life
is about to begin.
I better get to the starting line,
run for all it’s worth,
and do the best that I can.

I’m an unlovable,
but perhaps I’m still worth something…




Until the next round...

~ 'Sunshine'

No comments:

[What goes down in the Underground...]

Mondays start the new workweek. Wednesdays tend to differ, depending on if I need to work or not--usually I'm off, and usually visiting "Uncle" Joseph. Thursdays is the Daughters of the King meeting night. Fridays and Saturdays are normally hectic--never the same drama twice. Sundays = Church day. I update the blog accordingly, with a rant or two, the occasional music post, and sometimes the most random nonsuch.

So stay tuned, because things are fixing to get interesting... and, save your forks--the best is yet to come...

~ me