18 September 2007

Chapter 63: Yay for Halloween!! [Yes, I finally decided!!]

For the record, this year's Halloween, I'm going to be one of them...



...yes, for Halloween this year, I'm going to be a mensch-maschine. Just like Kraftwerk. Mmhmm.

Heck, it's practically an easy costume. Just get a red long-sleeved button-down, gray pants, black tie, some pale make-up [hey Wal*Mart!!] and red lipstick/lip gloss--and voila!! Instant mensch-maschine complete with the short hair for it!! Oh, and instead of 'Sunshine' it's gonna be 'Ralf H.' on my nametag for the day.

I am uber-psyched for this.

Meanwhile, surprisingly, I heard from Mike!! He's doin' alright. Scotland's great. And I can't be happier for him. To be honest with you all, while I still hurt a little bit inside for all that I've gone through since the break-up, considering the fact that I miss him, I guess it is for the best. Sure, I'm a bit bitter [not that I should be, but really I shouldn't be, he is now just a friend after all] but... well, I guess I have moved on. Somehow.

Meanwhile, well, no luck trying to tell one of my crushes how I feel. Jason stopped by but still no hang-out time planned [ugh...], and to be honest I'm really certain of one thing:

I was meant to live this life alone.

Yeah, that's the harsh reality of the whole matter. I don't mean to be cynical or anything but... that's just the truth. That's how I see it. I mean, what are the odds, folks, that I really see myself with anyone?

...I mean...

I'm intelligent. I'm pretty [or at least cute in a boyish sort of way now]. I'm creative. I'm tough. I'm outrageous. I'm...

I suppose I know what I am, and what I'm not. But am I really sure of this?

I hope that someday some guy will truly see me for what I'm worth and not stick to just looking at some charming face. That he'll look at me and think kindly of me as someone cool to be around. That he'll actually see me as someone more than just a friend.

In the immortal words of Chrissy Hynde of the Pretenders, maybe tomorrow, maybe someday.

In the meantime, I'm listening to a good slew of mixes of Kraftwerk's "Trans-Europe Express," and to be honest with y'all, I. Love. Them. But my favorite mix is the Total Mix, which you can find its offspring version on their live album "Minimum-Maximum" album. And the 12" extended version of TEE is, basically, both TEE and MoM all into one track. I'm currently hearing the Ultra Mix, and it's pretty funktastic. It's just... it's just cool. Though it'll never beat the Total Mix or the classic 12" extended mix.

I promise, I'll upload a new Trans-Underground soundtrack. I know some of y'all are tired of hearing "Disco Bambina" the first thing you enter here...

Oh and, one more thing--Mike thinks the hair is cute!! *LMAO*

Until the next round...

~ 'Sunshine'

No comments:

[What goes down in the Underground...]

Mondays start the new workweek. Wednesdays tend to differ, depending on if I need to work or not--usually I'm off, and usually visiting "Uncle" Joseph. Thursdays is the Daughters of the King meeting night. Fridays and Saturdays are normally hectic--never the same drama twice. Sundays = Church day. I update the blog accordingly, with a rant or two, the occasional music post, and sometimes the most random nonsuch.

So stay tuned, because things are fixing to get interesting... and, save your forks--the best is yet to come...

~ me