18 March 2008

Chapter 103: The Music Roster Post, Part 1 - Spinner's Points of View... musically.

Hee, I can't believe I stumbled onto this:

Spinner.com - 20 Meanest Love Songs.

For those NOT interested in reading about all 20 of 'em [unlike myself--I'm such a strange history nut], here's the list...

20] "Go Your Own Way" - Fleetwood Mac
19] "Under My Thumb" - The Rolling Stones
18] "Ex-Factor" - Lauren Hill
17] "The One I Love" - R.E.M.
16] "I'm Looking Through You" - The Beatles
15] "Hit 'Em Up Style [Oops!]" - Blu Cantrell
14] "I Want You" - Elvis Costello
13] "Two Out Of Three Ain't Bad" - Meat Loaf
12] "Possession" - Sarah McLachlan
11] "Caroline No" - The Beach Boys
10] "Tunnel Of Love" - Bruce Springsteen
9] "Cry Me A River" - Justin Timberlake
8] "These Boots Are Made For Walkin'" - Nancy Sinatra
7] "Idiot Wind" - Bob Dylan
6] "Dry" - PJ Harvey
5] "You're So Vain" - Carly Simon
4] "Unhappy Birthday" - The Smiths
3] "You Oughta Know" - Alanis Morissette
2] "By The Time I Get To Phoenix" - Glen Campbell
1] "Smile" - Lily Allen

The 25 Most Exquisitely Sad Songs In The Whole World.

...and for those who are too lazy and rather read the list and not the stories...

25] "The River" - Bruce Springsteen
24] "Nothing Compares 2 U" - Sinead O'Connor
23] "No Surprises" - Radiohead
22] "A Change Is Gonna Come" - Sam Cooke
21] "Space Oddity" - David Bowie
20] "That's The Way I've Always Heard It Should Be" - Carly Simon
19] "Lost Cause" - Beck
18] "I've Gotta Get A Message To You" - The Bee Gees
17] "Back To Black" - Amy Winehouse
16] "Shilo" - Neil Diamond
15] "My Mom" - Chocolate Genius
14] "Anyone Who Had A Heart" - Dionne Warwick
13] "Naked As We Came" - Iron & Wine
12] "In The Wee Small Hours Of The Morning" - Frank Sinatra
11] "Brick" - Ben Folds Five
10] "In The Real World" - Roy Orbison
9] "Concrete Angel" - Martina McBride
8] "Dance With My Father" - Luther Vandross
7] "Hallelujah" - Jeff Buckley
6] "He Stopped Loving Her Today" - George Jones
5] "I Know It's Over" - The Smiths
4] "Hurt" - Johnny Cash
3] "Eleanor Rigby" - The Beatles
2] "Gloomy Sunday" - Billie Holiday
1] "Chicken Wire" - Pernice Brothers

Now, if you're tired of their say-so, it's time for the latest in WSUR, the official radio of the Starian Union and the StarKnight Chronicles...

No comments:

[What goes down in the Underground...]

Mondays start the new workweek. Wednesdays tend to differ, depending on if I need to work or not--usually I'm off, and usually visiting "Uncle" Joseph. Thursdays is the Daughters of the King meeting night. Fridays and Saturdays are normally hectic--never the same drama twice. Sundays = Church day. I update the blog accordingly, with a rant or two, the occasional music post, and sometimes the most random nonsuch.

So stay tuned, because things are fixing to get interesting... and, save your forks--the best is yet to come...

~ me