01 May 2009

Chapter 206 ~ For the Goober

So I'm sure someone's gonna ask, "Who the ish and Impanema is the Goober?" Well, said Goober is my former Manager Josh, whose last day at work was yesterday. You see, he's leaving for the Navy... he heads out for Boot Camp later on this month. And I hate to be honest but, inasmuch as I hate the brat [he's 20], I really am gonna miss 'im. For one, who's gonna say something to get me on my last nerve? And on the other hand, who's also gonna say something an hour later to help keep the drive-thru momentum going?

He, in a sense, was a rather annoying "little brother" that I somewhat adopted. And then he became the younger "Big Brother" when he began training for Management. In my opinion, there've been some things he said and/or done that landed him on the "Oops, FAIL" side of matters, but I still think he tried his best in everything he did. And while I'm at it, he's done quite a few great accomplishments in his 5 1/2 years at the Store.

Yes, while we got on each others nerves... a lot... we had our moments. Things hadn't been easy since he was first helping me out in the Lobby when he started. But I think that, it's certain almost to say that we've become friends. Somewhat. Sure we still become each other's royal pain in the tailfeather, but that's to be expected I guess.

In any case, I will definitely miss the Goober. That damn brat!

And on that bombshell... Until the next round...

~ me

No comments:

[What goes down in the Underground...]

Mondays start the new workweek. Wednesdays tend to differ, depending on if I need to work or not--usually I'm off, and usually visiting "Uncle" Joseph. Thursdays is the Daughters of the King meeting night. Fridays and Saturdays are normally hectic--never the same drama twice. Sundays = Church day. I update the blog accordingly, with a rant or two, the occasional music post, and sometimes the most random nonsuch.

So stay tuned, because things are fixing to get interesting... and, save your forks--the best is yet to come...

~ me