11 May 2009

Chapter 209 ~ And as if that wasn't enough...

Sooo... drama ensued. For one, let my little introduction be as follows...

Saturday afternoon I was asked to work yesterday morning, 5-9 A.M., which I did. Sissy-Boo was supposed to be in at 5 but, she wasn't. I didn't question though.

Now, the reality and result of that was...

I should have.

Turned out, much hell ensued after I'd left on Thursday. I should've known something worse would've gone on throughout the day--it was hell enough to begin with, and of all days it was National Day of Prayer. But, our friendly neighborhood Inspector [who's pretty cool with me, mind you] paid Store Manager Joel and Supervisor Chris a visit... and Inspector wasn't happy. Or so I heard from one.

Meanwhile Manager Rabbit had been sending orders left, right and center to Back Drive-Thru, where Sissy-Boo was taking over for me after I'd left. And, needless to say, and as I told Coworker Anne, "Rabbit broke her." Broke her spirit, broke her nerve. Between that, the stress, and the three outside the Drive-Thru... Sissy-Boo snapped.

According to Sissy-Two, she called and said she "resigned."

And, here comes the intricate piece of the matter--Sissy-Three [yes, another Sissy I've adopted] told me that Inspector had told her, and I quote, "Don't tell Sunny yet." Perhaps because... he probably knew how I was with everyone. How I would've felt a bit fragile, helpless and hurt inside for a while if I found out. And that's the state of how I've been for the better part of the day. That and stressed out, because I ended up staying a couple of hours extra. I am rather exhausted at this point.

Sooo... that's been the current state of matters on my end, work wise. I miss Sissy-Boo already, and what makes matters worse is that her phone's been turned off. She won't answer Sissy-Two or Kels' phone calls or texts, so on top of missing her I'm also worried about her. I don't know what else to do other than to prayerfully put her in God's hands now; I just hope she's okay.

*sigh* I guess some things probably should've been delayed knowing about after all. Inspector was right giving Sissy-Three that advice... she shouldn't have told me yet.

And on that bombshell... until the next round...

...meh.

~ me

No comments:

[What goes down in the Underground...]

Mondays start the new workweek. Wednesdays tend to differ, depending on if I need to work or not--usually I'm off, and usually visiting "Uncle" Joseph. Thursdays is the Daughters of the King meeting night. Fridays and Saturdays are normally hectic--never the same drama twice. Sundays = Church day. I update the blog accordingly, with a rant or two, the occasional music post, and sometimes the most random nonsuch.

So stay tuned, because things are fixing to get interesting... and, save your forks--the best is yet to come...

~ me