30 April 2009

The Thursday Tradition #5!

Alrighty then, gang. Before I get down to the tunage of the day, please, PLEASE excuse me and allow me to admit just how much of an absolute absent-minded ID10T I've been. To put it this way, everyone remembers I did the Thursday Tradition on Toad the Wet Sprocket last week, right? Well... does anyone remember Chapter 202? Aptly titled Temperance? Scroll down a bit, then scroll back up.



...okay, back? Good.

Because, yes... I posted the Spotlight on them. TWICE. >.< Epic FAIL on my part, and major apologies on a repeat performance, fellow Citizens of the Underground. That just about goes to show y'all just how much I was really paying attention between trying to update a blog and preparing for a visit from Roboter last Friday. Go me.

Now, that said, two bands have my almost-undivided attention this week inside the Tradition. One goes by the name of Better Than Ezra, the other goes by the name of Semisonic. This week there will be NO Random 20 Countdown. Instead it's gonna be ten tunes, five from each band as far as my favorites are concerned.

And with that, let's kick things back to the 90's a bit, shall we?

Band: Better Than Ezra ~
~ "In the Blood" *Song of the Week 1/2*


~ "Good"


~ "Rosealia"


~ "Normal Town"


~ "Desperately Wanting"


Band: Semisonic ~
~ "Delicious"


~ "Closing Time"


~ "Singing In My Sleep"


~ "Made To Last"


~ "This Will Be My Year" *Song of the Week 2/2*


Aaannnddd, there ya go, folks! Ten quality tunes from the 90's, which probably helped make this not so bad an era. *LOL* You know, I should make May's Thursday Traditions all 90's related, sooo: next week's Thursday Tradition spotlight will be on Pearl Jam!

Yes, Pearl Jam. I *am* a fan of Pearl Jam. What?

So, this is how I'm looking at it for the next month, Thursday Tradition-wise:
Thursday 7 May ~ Pearl Jam
Thursday 14 May ~ Oasis
Thursday 21 May ~ Radiohead
Thursday 28 May ~ The Verve

Yes, Pearl Jam, and then the three bands who shaped my school years. I am definitely looking forward to Thursdays this May!! [Which, by the way, starts tomorrow. Already!] In the meantime, enjoy the tunage! I have a funny feeling this is gonna be a fun twist to the Tradition in the coming weeks ahead...

And on that bombshell... Until the next round...

~ me

No comments:

[What goes down in the Underground...]

Mondays start the new workweek. Wednesdays tend to differ, depending on if I need to work or not--usually I'm off, and usually visiting "Uncle" Joseph. Thursdays is the Daughters of the King meeting night. Fridays and Saturdays are normally hectic--never the same drama twice. Sundays = Church day. I update the blog accordingly, with a rant or two, the occasional music post, and sometimes the most random nonsuch.

So stay tuned, because things are fixing to get interesting... and, save your forks--the best is yet to come...

~ me