18 April 2009

Chapter 203 ~ Yippie-skippie, Zippie!!

Well as everyone knows, I have a life. And all the drama that goes with it. Between family, work, church and life, it's not easy attempting to update a blog. With that said, I do apologise for the absence. Though, I do have some tunage to share with y'all... anybody remember Squeeze? Well, I found some interesting songs that I'd been hearing on the old-school indie station as of lately, and I'm sharin' them with you guys. Also, I have some damn-good news. Seriously. Are y'all sitting down?

*ahem*

Roboter is coming down to visit me this upcoming Friday.

*YYYEEEAAAHHHOOOOOO!!!*

This upcoming Wednesday night is the final Discipleship class of the year. Deacon Nana's done an AWESOME job of teaching the rest of the classes since... when? November? December? She's an awesome teacher, allows for plenty of sharing time... which often ends up having us finish class up to ten minutes late! But, who cares? Deacon Nana is an awesome teacher anyway, and it's been a proper honor to have been in her class, because she really is a good teacher.

That said, I survived--I made it through my study guide training to become a D.O.K. [you know, Daughter of the King]! And, it was worth the discipline and training too, it's going to be a bit difficult to establish a good proper set rhythm to pray. But, I do think I'll be able to make the effort. I can, and I will, with God's help of course!

Now, onward to the music! Of course, it's a spotlight on Squeeze, and on three songs in particular. Now, the first one, you SO should be familiar with. It is that one song they are just oh-so-famous for...
"Tempted" ~ Squeeze


As for these next two songs, they're tied for my Song of the Week. I just LOVE these two. Seriously. They were among their earlier hits, and I'm surprised I never really heard of these two songs until now. Which only goes to show that, mainstream radio seriously doesn't know what it's missing, really...
"Cool For Cats" ~ Squeeze


"Pulling Mussels [From a Shell]" ~ Squeeze


Well... on that crazy minor notation, enjoy the tunage, as I know I'll be posting some more in the coming days and weeks. Annnnnd, maybe we'll get a new Facebook pic up soon... with Yours Quirky and a certain special someone...!!

Until the next round...!

~ me

No comments:

[What goes down in the Underground...]

Mondays start the new workweek. Wednesdays tend to differ, depending on if I need to work or not--usually I'm off, and usually visiting "Uncle" Joseph. Thursdays is the Daughters of the King meeting night. Fridays and Saturdays are normally hectic--never the same drama twice. Sundays = Church day. I update the blog accordingly, with a rant or two, the occasional music post, and sometimes the most random nonsuch.

So stay tuned, because things are fixing to get interesting... and, save your forks--the best is yet to come...

~ me