12 April 2008

Chapter 115: Good Things... and, erm... Not-So-Good Things?

Okay, first and foremost, two good things. One, a new pic of me from Tuesday [yes, I was re-reddening my hair instead of updating the music charts, my bad]...

Naw, not Sunny versus the camera and mirror!!

The second good thing is, I remixed it! Thank you Photobucket!!

...hee, Old Photo. I like this.

And now, erm... the not-so-good stuff.

For one, Manager Rabbit's mother passed away Wednesday [some say Thursday, but I'm trustin' the Preacher on this one], and the funeral was today. Inasmuch as I've been busting my butt at work this week, I'd hoped that the week would end alright. But it didn't when Manager Joel gave me news of Rabbit's mother yesterday. So needless to say I'd been pretty awful glum for most of the afternoon.

But the real scare came later on into the early evening, when a friend posted in a forum his second Post-Mortem Photography thread. And stupid and curious as I was...

...yeah, I saw them. And now I'm scarred for the rest of the night.

I don't do funerals. I've realized this. And when it involves an open casket, you better believe it's one of the most disturbing memories that can be etched into my mind. Whether it's my Great-Grandfather almost 7 years ago or Rabbit's mother about 10 hours ago... it's still disturbing.

*sigh* Did I ever tell y'all I'm afraid to die?

~ "Sunshine"

No comments:

[What goes down in the Underground...]

Mondays start the new workweek. Wednesdays tend to differ, depending on if I need to work or not--usually I'm off, and usually visiting "Uncle" Joseph. Thursdays is the Daughters of the King meeting night. Fridays and Saturdays are normally hectic--never the same drama twice. Sundays = Church day. I update the blog accordingly, with a rant or two, the occasional music post, and sometimes the most random nonsuch.

So stay tuned, because things are fixing to get interesting... and, save your forks--the best is yet to come...

~ me