06 June 2010

Chapter 244 ~ Two Weeks Later

Song of the Day|"Wonderwall" - Oasis

I miss looking at the world and laughing at it [with him].
I miss having a moment of slight confusion [with him].
I miss talking about random, silly nonsuch [with him].
I miss taking on the world fearlessly [with him].

Two weeks after we said, "I'll see you later,"
my heart has never felt more broken.

It hurts sometimes...



Dear Peter,

The Choir has only been on vacation two weeks. I miss you already. And of course I feel all the more pathetic about it. I guess I'm still smitten over you, or perhaps I just miss one of my best buddies. But, it's not the same without you.

I have been facing the world more boldly, more courageously, more fearlessly. But on the other hand, I don't have many people to share my adventures with, or get a good cheerful chin-up. So, my summer it seems is off to a bit of a rough start.

Things are not the same without you. I am, while still a crazy kick-butt punk, still a coward. But I think of you... well, I think of you a lot. And I have memories to keep me smiling, and your words and lessons I learned from you to encourage me. I am sure that the Choir feels that same way, of missing and remembering you.

So far there has been no word about who the new Choirmaster will be. Already I am worried, almost nervous, because I don't know who [s]he will be or what [s]he is like. I don't even know if anything's gone on concerning that. The most I can do is trust in God and pray for the best.

How are you and Eric? How are things? How is your summer [so far]?

I miss you [but you already know that].

~ "Sunshine"

No comments:

[What goes down in the Underground...]

Mondays start the new workweek. Wednesdays tend to differ, depending on if I need to work or not--usually I'm off, and usually visiting "Uncle" Joseph. Thursdays is the Daughters of the King meeting night. Fridays and Saturdays are normally hectic--never the same drama twice. Sundays = Church day. I update the blog accordingly, with a rant or two, the occasional music post, and sometimes the most random nonsuch.

So stay tuned, because things are fixing to get interesting... and, save your forks--the best is yet to come...

~ me