24 November 2007

Chapter 94: 1 anti-turkey potential-Manager, 13 Chapters, 2 guys, and 6 more days to go... y'all ready for this?

Alright, first and foremost, sorry this is late but...

Happy [erm, belated?] Turkey-Day, folks.

Now, that done, in other news, Thursday was alright. We were opened for 6 hours, we closed at 11. We all went about our lives. I hung out at a friend's house playing Wii--and y'all gotta remember I rarely play video games these days. And yesterday, well, yesterday was Black Friday... the busiest shopping day of the year.

Busy.All.Damn.Day.Long!

Yesterday was not a good day to be me, I swear.

Meanwhile, I realized that, I have an unfortunate crush on TWO guys. One of them, well, we all sorta know--and NO IT'S NOT POUNCER!!! [By the way, Pouncer, your music post is right below this one, in case you finally get around to here.] The other one, I doubt I told y'all about 'im, but he speaks Portuguese [maybe he's either Portuguese or Brazilian...??], and he's kinda cute. And he's a bit of a flirt. But still!! I mean, well... I don't know. I'm still anti-relationships after all I've been through the past 3 months [yes, it will be exactly 3 months on Monday since the break-up that started my "Cupid rhymes with Stupid!!" campaign] and, I guess I've thought some things through.

One, I don't care what anybody says [including the ex!!]--the break-up was my fault. Either I didn't speak up sooner, or I shouldn't have opened my mouth, or God only knows what. In any case, three months later, I still have the sick fear in my stomach that it's my fault with what happened. [But isn't that how it almost always goes... how it's gone wrong somewhere on my part... and then the person who dumps me finds someone else that is THEIR happily ever after...]

Two, for most people, there's the one. These days I'm half-tempted to smack somebody who tells me there's someone out there for me. *NEWS FLASH, LADIES AND GENTLEMEN!!* That ain't happening. I don't care it took you 5 hours of 5 decades--if you've found your someone special, good for you. Don't rub it in my face about it and tell me I'm gonna find someone. Because eventually I will gladly look you in the eye and call you a downright liar. [Hey, done it to three people so far. Who wants to add to the count? Anyone?]

Three, for me, true love is a fairy tale, and I stopped believing in fairy tales a long time ago. Growing up, I had hoped that the hope of loving someone and being loved in return--requited love--was true. For a time, I thought it was. I hoped it was. I actually believed it was. And I found out I was wrong.

Four, these days, I realize, Cupid rhymes with Stupid. But then again y'all already know that. *shrug*

So, I'm gonna post this song, just for the humor of it, because hey. What wouldn't hurt showing the fact that I'm still a pathetic human being who'd rather stay single than get her heart shot again like the last f-cking time around?



Now, with all that said, NEXT TOPIC OF DISCUSSION, PLEASE!!

"Trans-Europa." This month. 13 CHAPTERS DONE!!

Yes, the magnificent story is practically more than halfway done. Possibly 2/3 or maybe even 3/4 of the way done. I'm making remarkable progress [yay me!], and I think it's better to write stories about people in love than, well, how sucky my love life is. *shrug* What!?--it's the truth. But anyway, there's been quite a good slew of characters in the story. And if you have NOT read the story, What. The. F-ck. You. Waiting. For!? Go check it out already, sheesh.

And finally, the best news of the day is, in about a week, NOVEMBER WILL BE OVER!!! WOOHOO!!! *does the happy dance*

...no, wait, even better...

Posting the song of the week by the band of the week [non-Kraftwerk-ish]:



...until the next round...

~ 'Sunshine'

No comments:

[What goes down in the Underground...]

Mondays start the new workweek. Wednesdays tend to differ, depending on if I need to work or not--usually I'm off, and usually visiting "Uncle" Joseph. Thursdays is the Daughters of the King meeting night. Fridays and Saturdays are normally hectic--never the same drama twice. Sundays = Church day. I update the blog accordingly, with a rant or two, the occasional music post, and sometimes the most random nonsuch.

So stay tuned, because things are fixing to get interesting... and, save your forks--the best is yet to come...

~ me