19 October 2010

Chapter 256 ~ Time Won't Give Me Time

Today, well... I feel a lot better than I was last Thursday. After purging Siren out of my existence [or as much of it for that matter], now... well, now I'm preparing for a few things going on within this and next week. There is quite a bit going on... I think I know where to start. So bear with me as I recap 'em like it was nothing.

First and foremost, this week my DOK chapter starts a new meeting time at 6 P.M. This is actually a good thing for me because, since I've been opening lately on Fridays, that means I don't have to rush with dinner and getting ready for bedtime. So the new time, 6-7 P.M., goes into effect this Thursday--this was decided and noted at last Thursday's meeting.

Secondly, and speaking of work, my work schedule's back to normal after a rather insane, outrageous workweek last week. And those of y'all who read the blog know of one rather nasty situation that got my blood boiling--actually, two. One of them was concerning Siren; the other was concerning one of my own drive-thru regulars. Last Thursday I dyed my hair turquoise [but it came more like a teal than turquoise--need more blue]; the next day [Friday] said regular looks at me and decides to run his mouth. Now mind, he's one of those old folks that think they can say anything trying to be funny and end up really, REALLY lame--he's also one of those regulars that have ruffled my feathers in a not-so-good way [this wasn't the first time, and it wouldn't be the last either]. So, he opens his mouth last Friday and what does he say?
"...your hair's molding! If you wash it with shampoo it'll help with getting it out!"
OOH! did my blood boil. WOW.

So I haven't been speaking to him since that all went down. I know I shouldn't be upset over it and yet, I am. Because if you're gonna look at me and just blatantly insult my hair like that, then of course I'm going to give you a dirty look and keep my own mouth shut. I am better off not saying anything to this guy than to just get myself in trouble for being an outspoken punk rock girl. And no, he hasn't apologised, at least not yet anyway. But still... yes, I guess y'all can say that, I've no patience for him right now. I know I need to work on it but, for now... yeah...

Thirdly, I am very excited for Halloween! Yes, I know, it falls on a Sunday this year but, I've got three Halloween festivities to look forward to. The first is Sprocket's friend Terra's party this Saturday [yay!]. Then it's the day BEFORE Halloween, because I get to do the partial dress-up at work--work uniform, plus my Mercury tiara, earrings, back bow to use as front bow with the brooch, choker, and MAYBE gloves. Then Sprocket and I have ANOTHER Halloween party that night. Halloween it's Trunk-or-Treat at Church [which I'm thinking of making an appearance with Sprocket]. And Halloween this year is on a Sunday sooo... yeah. Hence, a LOT of partying. But, I think it'll be a lot of fun. I'm very excited--thinking of taking a good amount of pictures too.

And it is on this memo, that I must end my train of thought for now. I have to be at work in an hour and I haven't jumped in the shower yet sooo, yeah. Time to get going on that note. And, well... I guess one can only hope that today won't be too bad but, I don't know... I mean, I know I've had my high hopes but... yeah. On the other hand, I have a Kids Night Halloween next Tuesday to prepare for. So, who knows...

That noted, I really should post something up in the Lobby about it. Just saying.

Headstrong--even if sometimes, reluctantly...

~ me

No comments:

[What goes down in the Underground...]

Mondays start the new workweek. Wednesdays tend to differ, depending on if I need to work or not--usually I'm off, and usually visiting "Uncle" Joseph. Thursdays is the Daughters of the King meeting night. Fridays and Saturdays are normally hectic--never the same drama twice. Sundays = Church day. I update the blog accordingly, with a rant or two, the occasional music post, and sometimes the most random nonsuch.

So stay tuned, because things are fixing to get interesting... and, save your forks--the best is yet to come...

~ me