12 May 2010

Chapter 239 ~ Where's My Verbal Baseball Bat?

I am going to give this warning only once: this blogpost contains strong language and was written with a highly-irritated frame of mind. However, please understand that there a few people out there who really need to read this, so they can understand where it is I'm coming from. And yes, today, I am naming names.

Okay, y'all ready? Sit down, 'cause I'm only gonna say this once...

It's fucked up when I can't rant without someone wanting to try to solve all my problems.

Last night, yeah, I had a helluva day at work. I vented a bit for my Facebook status. I actually felt better having let that all out in one simple status.

Not more than a few minutes later--simply because Jonathan, Richard, Daniel, Pouncer AND Clint all threw their two cents in where it really wasn't necessary... I'm back to all pissed off. Because, they need to understand something very important about me. Siren's been very close to ticking me off also, on a slightly different matter, but I will address it in a moment. But first,

--Jonathan, Richard, Daniel, Pouncer, Clint... are y'all reading this? Okay. Pay attention:

If I wanted your advice, I would have asked for it. If I wanted your two cents' worth, I would have asked for it. I was feeling a lot better when I vented on that status, until YOU five all fucked it up, and got me pissed off again. I haven't calmed down since. I am still upset, except it's not so much at my workday yesterday as much as it is over a bunch of guys who think they can throw their two cents' worth and think that I should take THEIR advice, thinking that THEY know what the hell they're talking about.

Understand this, boys [yes, boys, since I can't really consider you guys 'men' at this point]--I don't need your advice. I don't want your advice. If and when I want your two cents' worth on it, I will let you know. I don't care if you all are concerned about me--that's fine. That's what friends do. HOWEVER, I do NOT want you guys to jump right on in and end up only for me to have to redig up the issue, get pissed off at something else, and end up even more upset than I'd originally intended.

Now, Siren--NO, I AM NOT GOING OUT WITH RICHARD. And I'm not going out with anyone, as a side note. End of discussion on that matter. However, I will encourage you to tread carefully with your words, as you've got me on my bad side once again.

And to everyone reading this, mark this as a lesson to all. If I want your advice, I'll ask for it. Don't make me vent any further than I need to. And--most importantly--keep your damn mouth shut.

[Unless you're among the very few friends, like Skater, Peter, anyone in my Choir (y'all know who you are), my fellow Typists, my coworkers, and the very few that know me well enough and live that advice of mine quite well. You all know who you are. Thankies muchly for it.]

...okay. NOW I'm all better. Finally. Time for a shower and F.A.M. Night.

Saved from a temper-tantrum aneurism...

~ me

No comments:

[What goes down in the Underground...]

Mondays start the new workweek. Wednesdays tend to differ, depending on if I need to work or not--usually I'm off, and usually visiting "Uncle" Joseph. Thursdays is the Daughters of the King meeting night. Fridays and Saturdays are normally hectic--never the same drama twice. Sundays = Church day. I update the blog accordingly, with a rant or two, the occasional music post, and sometimes the most random nonsuch.

So stay tuned, because things are fixing to get interesting... and, save your forks--the best is yet to come...

~ me