06 May 2010

Chapter 238 ~ A Prayer for the Morning...

In the Name of God,
+ Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
Amen.


Dear Lord, my Father and King,
first and foremost, Good Morning.

You are the Lord and King of all. You made Heaven and Earth, and all your Creation reflects, sings, lauds and magnifies your Glory. We are the work of your Hands, and we sing your praises.

Hallelujah, Hallelujah!
We love you,
we adore you,
we bless you.

Dear Lord, my Father and King,
we are imperfect. I am imperfect.

I am a sinner. I have fallen short of your glory--I and all your creation. We are a fallen race. The Precious Blood of your Son, Jesus Christ, has redeemed and sanctified us; and we are washed cleaner, whiter than snow. Still... we are imperfect. We are sinners. And we need your forgiveness.

O Lord, merciful King of Heaven and Earth,
Kyrie Eleison,
Christe Eleison,
Kyrie Eleison.

Dear Lord, my Father and King,
I cannot number your blessings, there are so many!

I thank you for the blessings of this day, and the blessings of this life--for my life, my family, and my friends. I thank you for the people I come in contact with, every single day. And I am thankful that I am YOUR child, YOUR Daughter.

O Lord, God and Father of all,
I am counting my blessings,
I am grateful for all You have given me,
I cannot thank you enough.

Dear Lord, my Father and King,
I need you at every day, and every hour.

Give me the strength to endure this day. Bless my family, my friends and coworkers, and the few people in my life that I love the most. Strengthen me to do Your Will, empower me and Your servants with Your Holy Spirit, that we may never be afraid to be the Light of the World, as Christ made us to be--that our Light may so shine before others, that they may see the good that we do, and give Glory to Your, our Father, who is in Heaven,
for Holy is Your Name--
May Your Kingdom come
and Your Will be done,
here on Earth
as it is in Heaven above.
Supply our needs, O Good Shepherd,
and forgive us our wrong words, thoughts and doings--
as we forgive the wrong words, thoughts and doings of others.
And lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from our Enemies.

For the Kingdom, O Lord, and the Power and the Glory
are Yours,
now and for evermore!

Dear Lord, my God and King,
I love you.
I thank you.
And I pray this in the name of my Savior,
He whose Cross I wear,
Jesus Christ.

Amen.

No comments:

[What goes down in the Underground...]

Mondays start the new workweek. Wednesdays tend to differ, depending on if I need to work or not--usually I'm off, and usually visiting "Uncle" Joseph. Thursdays is the Daughters of the King meeting night. Fridays and Saturdays are normally hectic--never the same drama twice. Sundays = Church day. I update the blog accordingly, with a rant or two, the occasional music post, and sometimes the most random nonsuch.

So stay tuned, because things are fixing to get interesting... and, save your forks--the best is yet to come...

~ me