17 March 2010

Chapter 17.3.2010 ~ Miraculous...

I never realised how one person could make a world of difference in my life, but I realised this week that... that, it can happen. And it has. So today's Chapter--which is my Saint Patrick's Chapter today [and hence numbered as 17.3.2010 because today is Saint Patrick's Day]--is going to a family member I had never really "met" until this week. Thank you, Facebook. And to Great-Auntie Cathie, welcome to the Underground!!

Now... Hideki-chan, well, work's kinda kicked him in the head. So has life, but definitely work! His roommate--who worked with him... I say "worked" because, the roommate [I'll codename 'im Shimbo] got fired this past Friday. Yipes... that means, more work for Hideki... *sigh* So, that's why I haven't seen him lately. In fact, this Friday it'll be exactly one month since we last got to actually spend time together. Hey, of course I miss him--and I know he misses me too. The most I can do for now is pray that things get better. It just sucks that I feel like I've got my hands tied behind my back most of the time, because I want to do something if at least to cheer him up and... well, I can't. At least, not now anyway. I will have to be patient and wait for now. And sometimes... well, absence makes the heart grow fonder... doesn't it?

In other news, I think I'm coming to some sort of reconciliation with Siren. Yes, Siren. As in, the ex-boyfriend of mine that we all almost love to *hate* Siren. Him. Yes, we've been getting along a bit better--but, don't expect much out of this. He's a friend--nothing more than that. If anything, a friend. I'm still wondering, How the f@#k did that happen? and, I have no answer to that, unfortunately. At least, not at the moment anyway. But, in any case, as long as he doesn't start any drama [because, at the moment, I have plenty enough as is!], things should improve.

Also, this morning was spent with my friend Sanyun [yes, my Wednesday morning breakfast guypal has a codename now, finally] at New Smyrna Beach. While the weather was cold and cloudy, it was still nice enough for a walk on the beach with a cup of coffee. It was pretty nice, to be honest; I mean, I don't get to spend a lot of time with Sanyun, so this morning was pretty cool. And I like hanging out with him too, when we do get to hang out. That however doesn't mean that there's *something* there, however--don't get your hopes up, folks!

And finally, a little something funny from the Muppets. Yes, the Muppets. Prepare to have an epic gigglefit.
"Danny Boy" - the Leprechaun Brothers
[note--if you're reading this on facebook notes and can't see the youtube, go to my profile; i've posted it.]


On that whim, go find and listen to "Swagger" by Flogging Molly. That's my traditional Saint Patrick's Day anthem, and in effect my Song of the Day. It's a damn good song, in my opinion. Not that it entirely matters but, still. It's my opinion. But, thankfully, you don't have to entirely agree with it--go find the song and hear for yourself!

And until the next round... Great Auntie Cathie, I love you! We are SOOO gonna stay in touch!!

~ me

No comments:

[What goes down in the Underground...]

Mondays start the new workweek. Wednesdays tend to differ, depending on if I need to work or not--usually I'm off, and usually visiting "Uncle" Joseph. Thursdays is the Daughters of the King meeting night. Fridays and Saturdays are normally hectic--never the same drama twice. Sundays = Church day. I update the blog accordingly, with a rant or two, the occasional music post, and sometimes the most random nonsuch.

So stay tuned, because things are fixing to get interesting... and, save your forks--the best is yet to come...

~ me