13 December 2009

Chapter 228 ~ Some Christmas Lullaby...

Not very much of an update but, Friday's Hanukkah Party at the Synagogue was quite wonderful. Everyone was very surprised and excited to see me. 'Uncle' Reuven even did the one Kiddush which involves me cheering "L'Chayim!!!"--which was a realisation to those I hadn't greeted before that that, I was back where I was missed. It was a wonderful party, and I can't wait for this Friday, which is the 8th and final Night of Hanukkah. Looks to be most promising and most exciting. It also means, MORE LATKES!!!

Also, today was the Christmas Party with the Choir. Needless to say, the party didn't last long enough--we didn't get to have a sing-along. BUT, I -did- get to play the piano for a bit, and practice for Christmas morning when I'll be playing the Carillon for Susan [who'll be in Chicago to greet her new grandchild this Christmas]. I even got to change before going to the Party, as I decided it was better to dress up for the occasion than to just be a bit on the 'punky' side. All in all it was a lovely Party, and I can't wait for next year's party already. But, alas, another year to go. Still, it was wonderful; perhaps next year, if someone does play the piano and a sing-along ensues, maybe I will get up the nerve to ask my dear Choirmaster for a dance. Not like I would--I'm socially bipolar. I'm such a shy brat. It's almost pathetic. But, still. Who knows...

*sigh* Alas, bedtime already. Long day at work tomorrow, including a Christmas Party at 4 P.M. This could be a very exhausting day...

Dreaming of Dreidles and Friends, New Memories, Music and a Choirmaster...

~ me

No comments:

[What goes down in the Underground...]

Mondays start the new workweek. Wednesdays tend to differ, depending on if I need to work or not--usually I'm off, and usually visiting "Uncle" Joseph. Thursdays is the Daughters of the King meeting night. Fridays and Saturdays are normally hectic--never the same drama twice. Sundays = Church day. I update the blog accordingly, with a rant or two, the occasional music post, and sometimes the most random nonsuch.

So stay tuned, because things are fixing to get interesting... and, save your forks--the best is yet to come...

~ me