24 December 2009

The Thursday Tradition|Christmas 2009

Well, after surviving a 5 A.M.-1 P.M. Monday shift, 12-8 P.M. and Kids Night on Tuesday, OPENING yesterday, and still half-asleep after my 5 A.M.-1 P.M. today, I am getting this done and out of the way so I can get a nap in. Happy Christmas Eve, Underground Citizens. I have to be in the Choir Room at 9:30 P.M. tonight. No, I am NOT spending Christmas Eve with the family this year--I'm too tired, too irritated and sleep-deprived. And if I have to go to Christmas Dinner with the family tonight, someone's gonna get yelled at by a rather irked me. And 'irked' is putting that nicely. I'm sorry but... no. Not this year. This isn't the year to subject myself to extra stress on top of the hell and high water I've already dealt with so far. In fact, I think I've been saying "Bah humbug" more than "Happy Christmas" this year--far more. That's a first--it's also pretty scary too.

Sooo, that said, here's a Thursday Tradition filled with YouTubes of music, fun and holiday cheer. Turn up the tune'age. And raise a cup of cheer for me--or at least, try to anyway, if you're as bleah as me.

"Wonderful Christmastime" - Paul McCartney
*Old-School Alternation Song of the Week*


"The Chanukah Song" - Adam Sandler
*Dedicated to my Jewish second family. Much love + respect!*


"Santa Claus Is Coming to Town" - Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band
*Favorite version of the Christmas classic*


"Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas" - James Taylor
*Christmas Anthem 2008 + Song of the Week*
*Dedicated to family and friends within the Underground, with love*



"Oi! to the World!" - The Vandals
*Christmas Anthem 2007*
*No Doubt did a fantabulous cover of this tune!*



"Christmas Wrapping" - The Waitresses
*Christmas Anthem 2009*


Merry Christmas, with lots of love. Make the best of it, even in face of the worst of it.

~ me

No comments:

[What goes down in the Underground...]

Mondays start the new workweek. Wednesdays tend to differ, depending on if I need to work or not--usually I'm off, and usually visiting "Uncle" Joseph. Thursdays is the Daughters of the King meeting night. Fridays and Saturdays are normally hectic--never the same drama twice. Sundays = Church day. I update the blog accordingly, with a rant or two, the occasional music post, and sometimes the most random nonsuch.

So stay tuned, because things are fixing to get interesting... and, save your forks--the best is yet to come...

~ me