24 January 2009

Chapter 199 ~ What a way to start the New Year...

So I haven't been able to really get online as of the past handful of days, mainly because the weather's been brutal [hello? 28 degrees at 5 A.M.!?], which has in turn gotten me sick. Once again, I've been rendered voiceless. And it freckin' sucks. I hate it, big time. So, my apologies on being miserably slack on the blog lately. I am going to do my best to make it up, God willing the weather improves as does my health.

In the meantime, here's some tuneage--what I've been listening to as of lately. The Songs [yes, PLURAL this time] of the Week.

I was going to spotlight them in this week's Thursday Tradition but, falling ill, that wasn't going to happen. Next chance I have a Thursday Tradition they will definitely get their glow. In the meantime, here's one of my faves that I've been listening to from these guys.
"I Will Not Take These Things For Granted" - Toad the Wet Sprocket


My friend Ry got me addicted to this song last night. I haven't really stopped listening to it... yet. Goin' back about 12 years for this brilliant tune.
"Little Wonder" - David Bowie


I plan on doing a Thursday Tradition featuring them in the future, hopefully soon. Though maybe I'll wait until April--for the two-year anniversary of seeing these guys live. They're a fantastic group, nice sort of fellows too.
"Perpetual" - VNV Nation


At least 10 years ago this group kinda stole my heart. I miss this group. A lot. They're kinda on hiatus but, I've just rediscovered them earlier this week. They're next up in line on the Thursday Tradition spotlight, following Toad the Wet Sprocket.
"Made to Last" - Semisonic


And finally, glancing back quickly into the previous Thursday Tradition spotlight, the Cocteau Twins--this being from the '81 album Garlands, it's the first track on it. I actually got to listen to it some this week and, it's not bad really. Me liketh.
"Blood Bitch" - The Cocteau Twins


Enjoy the tuneage. And think kindly of me--I still can't quite talk for beans. Damn.

Until the next round...

No comments:

[What goes down in the Underground...]

Mondays start the new workweek. Wednesdays tend to differ, depending on if I need to work or not--usually I'm off, and usually visiting "Uncle" Joseph. Thursdays is the Daughters of the King meeting night. Fridays and Saturdays are normally hectic--never the same drama twice. Sundays = Church day. I update the blog accordingly, with a rant or two, the occasional music post, and sometimes the most random nonsuch.

So stay tuned, because things are fixing to get interesting... and, save your forks--the best is yet to come...

~ me